Monday, December 8, 2008

Forever Is Our Destiny

I may touch a thousand sunsHeap scorn on those who slayAnd brush the hand of time aside to patronize the dayI may walk forever baiting knowledge with each strideAnd change my masked identity on each eternal tide
I may bridge a hundred livesAnd dance to other tunesAnd reach beyond obscurity to hold the waxing moonI may browse on faces seeking memories in each smileAnd coax the fading empires in my memory for awhile
I may kiss the freedomAnd swim where moon alignAnd feel the constellations pulsating in my mindI may see the cradle of mans infinityAnd tread the shallow water of life's incessant sea
I may see eternityIt's passage lined with timeA place beyond antiquity where every moment pinesI may seek forgiveness for every minute I have sinnedAnd hear the heart of genesis beat softly in the wind
Forever is our destinyOur fires shall never waneAnd time shall be so humble to our patriotic flameOur bridge shall never crumble each dream shall never cryOur souls shall live forever only tears can ever die.
Best regards,

0 comments: